Hi Friends, Ann has a very special gift for us today on her blog: the February #BetheGift free calendar and printables! The timing couldn’t be more perfect since we’re watching Session Two: Living Cruciform this week and February 12-18 is Random Acts of Kindness Week! Let’s take the dare and make this a full month of giving forward, living broken and given like bread into a hungry world.
Ann writes this:
…and you bet, it’s true — Giving is about what you have in your heart — not about what you have in your hands… An act of kindness, giving it forward, can be more powerful than a sword in starting movements that move us all toward Love. You’re in, right? You’ve got nothing to lose, right? And only a whole lot of unexpected joy to gain. Dare with us in 2017? Let’s start a bit of a kindness movement, a giving, generous, caring, broken and given and transforming movement, that moves us all closer together? A 365 day GIFT list, a list of Giving It Forward Today… Could there be a more beautiful way to live your one life this year? Dare with us — to take a daring path to the abundant life!
While you’re accessing your free download, make sure you sign up for Ann’s email friends list so you can be reminded whenever she has new blogs and other freebies. Don’t miss this. She’s publishing a new #BetheGift calendar for every month in 2017!
OBS Song Playlist
We want to thank you all again for the music recommendations you’ve mentioned on the Facebook group pages! Abby on our OBS team has compiled a playlist of all the song recommendations shared so far and created a Spotify playlist! If you have Spotify account you can to all the song for free! Start listening right here.
Did we miss your suggestion? Do you have an encouraging song you’d also like to share with the group? Just post them to the blog or Facebook group pages and we’ll continue adding to the playlist (and we’ll try to get a printable PDF version for Sunday’s email).
Scripture Readings This Week
Oops! We’re neglected to point out in Sunday’s email the main Scriptures we’re reading this week. (They’re printed in the study guide, but we know some of you are still waiting on yours to arrive, and others are going through the study without a guide and just reading the Scriptures). So before the end of the week, make sure you read:
* Isaiah 58:6-12
* Matthew 25:31-46
* Psalm 86:1-3
Try to sit with these passages for 15 to 20 minutes, pausing over God’s Word to really let the message sink in. Some of you are journaling about the verses, creating art in your Bibles for them, and more! We love seeing your photos on social media!
Thursday Group Chats
We’re back in the live chat space tomorrow for online discussions of The Broken Way Session Two: Living Cruciform and hope you can join us:
Thursday, February 2 at 1 pm EST or 9 pm EST
We’ll be discussing the Scriptures and the ‘Talk About It’ section of our study guides (session two, pages 35-41).
Last week was a little crazy (but such a blessing!) since we had many new participants. Here are the five things you need to remember about the online discussion groups:
1. We’ll interact with each other and talk about our responses to the “Talk About It” section much like you would in a small group setting in your church or home. Allow time to pause, think, and read other people’s responses.
2. There is no live video. You should try to watch Ann’s week two video before we meet, but we don’t have additional facilitated video for the Thursday chats . All of the discussion takes place in the chat space.
3. If the absence of sound bothers you during the chat, try playing in the background the OBS playlist or your favorite Christian artist
4. This is the BIGGIE… To help keep our Thursday conversations organized, please try to respond to questions under the moderator’s original question (look for the FaithGateway stained glass avatar) by hitting the REPLY button. It is best if you do not respond with a new post thread for each question.
5. Finally, you’ll find this format works best from a computer, but if you have a mobile phone or tablet you can still participate – it just may be a little harder to keep up with the conversation threads. We recommend joining the chat from a computer if at all possible.
We’ll be back hosting group discussions every week – same times, same place!
Just Joining Us?
If you’re new and just getting started, or waiting on your study guide to arrive, don’t worry if you haven’t finished your homework for this week’s discussion groups. Jump in when you can!
Can’t make it tomorrow at 1 pm or 9 pm EST? You can always click on the chat room page to read through the archives and come back and join us next week.
We’re also posting a Question of the Day to the Facebook OBS group page – you’ll find the question pinned to the top of the group page — so there will be further opportunity for daily discussion there.
Don’t Withhold the Gift. Share this Study!
If God has placed someone on your heart to do this study with you, it’s not too late!
Share the kickoff chat Q&A with Ann via YouTube:
… And invite your friends to sign up with this simple URL: http://www.faithgateway.com/obs
What if instead of waiting for good enough things to happen to us, we could be the good thing to happen to someone else who’s waiting? ~ Ann