Look no further for a list of some of our favorite Bob Goff quotes! Bob Goff used to just be Bob… just a man who loved Jesus and didn’t know what to do for the Kingdom of God either. Then he started “doing stuff”… just love stuff… And Bob’s life since then has had a huge impact on the world for Jesus! The long list is hard to narrow down, but here are some of my favorite Bob Goff quotes from his book, Love Does…
Favorite Bob Goff Quotes
- I used to think being a believer was enough, but now I know Jesus wants us to participate, no matter what condition we’re in.
- God keeps telling us to be not afraid… to Go Big!
- When you feel like you can’t explain your faith, go love someone — you just did.
- Love cares more about who’s hurting than who’s watching.
- What do I do to live into the person that Jesus made me to be? Do you know what the answer was for me? I did stuff!
- I used to think God guided us by opening and closing doors, but now I know sometimes God wants us to kick some down.
- Love pursues blindly, unflinchingly, and without end.
- Love is never stationary in the end. Love doesn’t just keep thinking about it or keep planning for it. Simply put: love does!
- Are we missing that the God of the universe is nuts about us?
- The brand of love that Jesus offers is more about presence than undertaking a project.
- The thing I love about God is He intentionally guides people into failure.
- I used to think you had to be a failure for God to use you, but now I know you simply need to say yes.
- I used to be afraid of failing at something that really mattered… Now I’m more afraid of succeeding at things that doesn’t matter.
- I used to think I had to act a certain way to follow God, but now I know God doesn’t want us to be typical.
- I used to want to fix people, but now I just want to be with them.
- What Jesus said we could do is leave typical behind. Jesus told the people He was with that it’s not enough to just look like you love God. He said we’d know the extent of our love for God by how well we loved people.
- Failure is just part of the process, and it’s not just okay; it’s better than okay. God doesn’t want failure to shut us down. God didn’t make it a three-strikes-and-you’re-out sort of thing. It’s more about how God helps us dust ourselves off so we can swing for the fences again. And all of this without keeping a meticulous record of our screw-ups.
- Most people need love and acceptance a lot more than they need advice.
- But the kind of love that God created and demonstrated is a costly one because it involves sacrifice and presence. It’s a love that operates more like a sign language than being spoken outright.
- It has always seemed to me that broken things, just like broken people, get used more; it’s probably because God has more pieces to work with.
What’s Your Favorite Bob Goff Quote? What’s not to love about Bob? Do you have other favorite Bob quotes, or has he inspired you in some way? Come join the discussion about the impact this book has made on your life! Share your comments with us below!