Alpha Session One: Is There More to Life Than This?
What, if any, has been your experience of Christianity?
At the heart of the Christian faith is the person of Jesus Christ.
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life.” (John 6:35)
- JESUS SAID, “I AM THE WAY.”
The first-order questions of life:
- Is there more to life than this?
- What am I doing on earth?
- What is the point of life?
- What is the purpose of my life?
- Where am I heading?
- C. S. Lewis: “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”1
Jesus is the lens through which we see God. He is the way to God.
Jesus is also the lens by which we see the world in a totally different dimension and clarity.
- JESUS SAID, “I AM THE TRUTH.”
- C. S. Lewis: “Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.”2
- Truth — understood intellectually (head knowledge)
- Truth — experienced as a relationship (heart knowledge)
- JESUS SAID, “I AM THE LIFE.”
“I have come that [you] may have life, and have it to the full.” (John 10:10)
Jesus came to deal with:
- The things that spoil our lives
- Our guilt
God loves you and He came, in the person of His Son, Jesus, to set you free to enjoy life to the full.
Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth and the life.” (JOHN 14:6)
Watch the Video:
What’s So Amazing About Grace?
The Return of the Prodigal Son: A Story of Homecoming
Henri J. M. Nouwen
Does Religion Do More Harm Than Good?