We had such a great chat with four of the InScribed authors — Wendy Blight, Amanda Hope Haley, Sarah Francis Martin, and Ashley Linne.
Wendy Blight is the author of Living So That: Making Faith-Filled Choices In The Midst Of A Messy Life and Hidden Joy in a Dark Corner: The Transforming Power of God’s Story. She has also authored numerous Bible study curricula. Wendy is also a speaker, Bible study teacher, attorney, wife and mother whose passion is to share God’s Word and to teach women to stand on Scripture, understand what it really says, and apply It in their daily lives.
Happy birthday to Wendy who celebrated The Big 5-0 the week of our chat!
Amanda Hope Haley is the author of Barren Among the Fruitful: Navigating Infertility with Hope, Wisdom, and Patience. Amanda enjoys leading small group studies in her home she shares with her husband David in Denver, Colorado, and serving however she can in her church. Amanda holds a Master of Theological Studies degree in Hebrew Scripture and Interpretation from Harvard University. She maintains a blog, “Healthy and Hopeful,” where she encourages women to live whole lives in community with God, family, and each other.
Sarah Francis Martin is the author of Just Rise Up: A Call to Make Jesus Famous and Stress Point: Thriving Through Your Twenties In A Decade Of Drama. Sarah has a passion to do life and ministry with women and encourage them to RISE UP! and make Jesus famous in every part of life. She is a graduate of Texas A&M University and Charles Colson’s Centurions discipleship program, an intense study of biblical worldview. Sarah blogs at www.liveitoutblog.com
Ashley Linne is the author of Inseparable: Who I Am, Was, and Will Be in Christ. Ashley is a wife and mom who loves to write, sing, and travel. She has been writing and leading small group Bible studies for over 15 years and cut her ministry teeth as a collegiate campus minister in her home state of New Mexico. Ashley has a Master of Arts in Family Life Education from the Oxford Graduate School and studied at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. She lives with her husband and son in Bellingham, WA.
Highlights of the Chat:
- Wendy shared about exciting new online Bible studies starting soon
- Amanda shared why she never set out to write her book
- Amanda helped us understand how to love and communicate lovingly with people who are as yet unable to get pregnant
- Ashley talked about finding a different perspective and sense of significance “in Christ” (Romans 8), even during life’s dark moments and crises.
- Ashley spoke about the joy and wholeness that comes not from seeking happiness, but from seeking Christ.
- Sarah talked about those frustrating, sleepless nights of allowing ones thoughts to take you down the wrong path and how living a life of praise and choosing the direction of your thoughts — Christward — can change those miserable nights!
- Sarah shared about aligning our dreams and purpose with God’s agenda. Making Jesus Famous is a lifestyle of praise, a humble heart, and seeking His Kingdom above all.