Session 2: Five Habits of Life-changing Groups
Five habits that create a grace-filled, truth-telling group:
• Being “for” each other
• Encouraging each other
• Coming alongside one another
• Having a “come-as-you-are” culture
• Feeling safe enough to be yourself
• Accepting each other unconditionally
• Being “real” with each other
• Taking relational risks with one another
• Hebrews 10:24—spurring one another on
• Pushing each other to take growth steps
• Naming areas where growth needs to happen
• Providing resources others may need
• Can be practical: helping move, filing tax returns, etc.
• It’s also about asking for help when it’s needed
Drama: Using the Five Habits
As you watch the drama, look and listen for how group members use the five habits.
- What is the one habit that most resonated with you or is most important to you and why?
Making Your Small Group Course
- Session One: Getting Connected—God’s Purpose for Small Groups
- Session Two: Five Habits of Life-Changing Groups
- Session Three: Setting Ground Rules
- Session Four: Determining Your Group’s Purpose