Never will I leave you; Never will I forsake you. — Hebrews 13:5
Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. — Hebrews 2:18
God says: See Jesus, still incarnate as a human but no longer on earth, still the crucified One with nail-scarred hands and feet but no longer on the cross, still resurrected but no longer visible among you, and still ascended but no longer ascending through the devil-filled heavens. See Jesus where He is right now.
- Where He is when you awake in a cold sweat at two in the morning.
- Where He is when you’re alone in a hotel room and tempted to watch what should never cross the path of your eyes.
- Where He is when you’ve been devastated by loss or rejection.
- Where He is when your failure has brought you into the depths of despair.
My Son energizes you to reveal My goodness by the way you relate during difficult times.
He nourishes you, generating strength for you to believe, wait, and love.
Take a Moment to Reflect
- How do you typically handle difficult times that come your way? Do you isolate yourself, become short with your words, verbally bully people, become pleasant but distant? What do you suppose is the energy behind whatever it is you do?
- During difficult times, especially those that persist, what would have to change in you so you could relate more like Jesus?
- What do you think you need in order to be strengthened to “believe, wait, and hope”? What does Jesus’ life and/or Scriptures say about what you have identified that you need?
Take a Moment to Pray
Come share your answers to the reflection questions above. How do you respond to difficult times? We would love to hear from you! ~ Devotionals Daily
God's Love Letters to You
Normal Price: $9.99
FaithGateway Price: $5.00