In their hearts people plan their way, but the Lord directs their steps. — Proverbs 16:9
Sometimes to get your life back, you have to face the death of what you thought your life would look like. ~ Lysa TerKeurst
Have you ever looked at your life in disappointment, heartbreak, deep loss, or just frustration at the unexpected turns and thought Wait a minute, God… I had hopes and dreams. I had plans. I tried so hard! I don’t get it! What went wrong? It’s not supposed to be this way!
I have. My life looks nothing like what I had anticipated. The hairpin corners and reverse directions have spun my head and cast me to my knees before God asking Him, What?! Why? And Why me? more than I wish to admit. If you have been a part of our OBS program for awhile you know some of my story — difficult pregnancies, losing my foster babies I was in the process of adopting, a marriage that I fought for and prayed over for 24 years failing anyway, financial crises, a much-loved prodigal son, and mourning the death of my Poppy — the most wonderful father, husband, friend, and preacher — who went to Heaven way too soon. It’s almost hard to believe all that could happen to one person, right?
Our friend, Lysa TerKeurst, has been through it, too. She knows heartbreak up close and personally. She’s walked with the Lord humbly and authentically in the face of health crises, family struggle, and a marriage broken seemingly beyond repair… But God!
Lysa’s honest story and journey of faith, and the hope, guidance, and Biblical insight that she offers in latest bestselling book and study, It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way, has impacted hundreds of thousands of women since it came out almost one year ago. And I couldn’t be more thrilled to announce that It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way is our next Online Bible Study starting August 19… and we’re inviting you to join us!
What do you do when God’s timing seems questionable?
His lack of intervention hurtful?
And His promises doubtful?
In this six-week Online Bible Study, we will dig into the Word of God and study His goodness and His mercy, even in the face of disappointment and shattered dreams.
With solid truth, and gut-honest vulnerability, Lysa will help us to:
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
• Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
• Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give you more than you can handle.
• Shift your suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing you.
• Know how to encourage friends and help them navigate hard realities with real help from God’s truth.
I hope you will join us for the It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way Online Bible Study. If you know Lysa at all, you know that she always points to Jesus and God’s Word so, gear up, get your Bible ready. Things are about to heat up as we ask the Holy Spirit for his anointing on our hearts and minds that are seeking Him.
This study is for you if:
- You’re facing a loss or heartbreak that you never expected.
- You are wondering if the Lord is still good, or is still to good to you.
- You want to trust God through it but don’t feel strong enough.
- Life is different than you planned and you need a spiritual roadmap for peace and renewal.
- Someone you love is in trauma and you want to be a helpful encouragement to them
- You’re a Lysa fan!
As always, there will be FREEBIES from Lysa that you will love, including prayer and Scripture printables and the first chapters of the book and study guide that you can download and start reading right away!
You’re going to love this one! Your heart will be honored and uplifted, and your spirit will be soothed by the love of Jesus who is always with you, no matter the trial. I hope you join us for this magnificent study just for you!
* * *
Are you in? Sign up now and then come share with us on our blog! We want YOU!