You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. — Psalm 23:5
Pause and envision the scene in God’s royal dining room… Driven not by our beauty but by His promise, He calls us to Himself and invites us to take a permanent place at His table… We take our place next to the other sinners-made-saints and we share in God’s glory. May I share a partial list of what awaits you at His table?
- You are beyond condemnation (Romans 8:1).
- You are a member of His kingdom (Colossians 1:13).
- You have been adopted (Romans 8:15).
- You have access to God at any moment (Ephesians 2:18).
- You will never be abandoned (Hebrews 13:5).
- You have an imperishable inheritance (1 Peter 1:4).
You sit at God’s table that overflows with blessings.
Excerpted with permission from Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado, copyright Thomas Nelson 2013.
* * *
Think about being invited into God’s royal dining room and consider the verses above, then list some of His personal blessings to you in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you! ~ Devotionals Daily
Grace for the Moment
Normal Price: $19.99
FaithGateway Price: $11.99